*LCU Liquid Propane Gas Pipe Sizing Chart
Note: Chart below is for reference only. Always refer to National Fuel Gas Code and Trane provided unit literature for official values.
- LP Gas flow is given in thousands of BTU/hr.
- One cubic foot of LP gas = roughly 2516 BTU
- This chart refers to low pressure LP, after regulation
- Standard nominal pressure at the burner for Liquid Propane is 11" of water column
- Pipe length must include additional length for all fittings
- Add approximately 5 feet of pipe per fitting
LP Example: Using the chart above, a machine with a burner that requires 440,000 BTU would need a 1" pipe for a 20' long run.
Information in this article is intended for use by individuals possessing adequate backgrounds of electrical and mechanical experience and who comply with all federal, state, and local laws, rules, orders, or regulations related to the installation, service, or repair of a heating or central air conditioning product. Any attempt to install, service, or repair a heating or central air conditioning product may result in personal injury and/or property damage. The manufacturer or seller cannot be responsible for the interpretation of the information contained herein, nor can it assume any liability in connection with its use.